I am finally caught up with painting all the miniature adult ball pythons!
First up is the Axanthic Leopard Pastel Spider - Snake Keeper Line. Photo of the morph can be found here. The body was one of the last I sculpted, so his proportions are good. Plus he's in a more "ball" pose, typical of these snakes. His markings were fun to do, even if his pose made some of the painting difficult.
Then I started trying to paint stripes. It's hard enough painting stripes, but when you try and paint stripes onto a sinuous body... I must be mad.
The Gabija was my first try. It's a gorgeous morph and caught my attention with the stripe down it's back. I'd never seen stripes going that direction on a snake before. Looking back on it now, I went way too fast. Stripes require at least 3-4 hours of time commitment to paint.
Then I tried my hand, and patience, with the Caramel Albino Genetic Stripe. Another pretty snake that has many stripes. I spent more time on this one, but not enough. It's an improvement over the Gabi though.
And finally, the Banana Super Stripe. I gave my viewers on stream a choice between this morph and another Banana morph with stripes. This one won with a vote of 2 to 1. I'm planning on doing the other one in the near future. (Please pardon the dratted cat hair that I missed on the cloth!)
Now that all 10 adult/subadult bodies are painted, I will be making a few more adult bodies but I'll be doing them one at a time. I want to change a few things based on what I learned making the first tries. And I'd like to keep better track of when each one is sculpted. It will make it easier to see improvement over time.
I still have my hatchling experiment to finish up as well. Only one clutch is painted, but won't be completed until I make the egg shell sections. I'll likely focus on the hatchlings this coming week. Hopefully I can show off a successful experiment next weekend. Take care until then!