Sunday, July 19, 2015

Lots of New Rows!

My neighbor who I made the Dresden tea cozy for came back from her annual road trip this past week. She had volunteered to pick up patterns for me along the way. There are so many that I'm just going to list them. If they're for the Aquarium Quilt, I've put an asterisk before the shop name.

Quilt Quarters in Caramel, IN.
The Quilting Bee in Georgetown, IN.
The Crazy Cousin and Quilt and Sewing Center in Fredericksburg, VA.
*Jinny Beyers Studio in Great Falls, VA.
*Cottonwood in Charlottesville, VA.
*Circle Sewing Studios in Woodbridge, VA.
*Artistic Artifacts in Alexandria, VA.
*Rachel's Quilt Patch in Stauton, VA.
The Quilt Patch in Fairfax, VA.
*Four Season Stitchery in Grantsville, MD.
*Tomorrow's Treasures in Crofton, MD.
The Smocking Shoppe and The Cozy Quilter in Louisville, KY.
Q - First in Quilting in Lexington, KY.
*Sterling Thimble in Mount Sterling, KY.
Sneed's Vacuum and Sewing Center in Charleston, WV.
Itchin' 2 Be Stitchin' in Beckley, WV.
Sew Chic in Fairmont, WV.

I headed south again to help my mom and see my aunt who was visiting from Louisiana. While I was there I had time to pick up patterns from Heyde Sewing Machine Company in St. Louis, MO and the Fariview Heights, IL location for Jackman's Fabrics. The Jackman's row is going in the Aquarium Quilt.

My aunt picked up the kit from All Stitched Up by Angela in Slidell, LA for me before she headed north to visit.

Nonnie's Attic in Pekin, IL finally received their row patterns from the printer. There was an issue with the printing and everything was delayed for weeks. They had to get special permission to mail their pattern out to people who walked into the shop from the officials at Row by Row.

A friend who lives in Hawaii, and is a fabulous quilter, sent me the kit for the row from Fabric and Quilting Delights in Kailua-Kona, HI and the pattern from Kilauea Kreations in Hilo, HI. The Kilauea Kreations row is going into the Aquarium Quilt. I'm not sure about the other one. I love it and may do a wall quilt with it and the row from Lexington.

And yesterday FH and I took a mini road trip to Galena, IL and visited Phat Quarters for their row. We also took some time and wandered Main Street and checked out the various shops. It was a nice little getaway.

On the progress front, I've quilted two rows (Rochester, IL and Normal, IL), sandwiched three more, and finished the row from Mt. Vernon, IA.





I've also figured out fabrics for most of the new rows for the Aquarium Quilt and traced out templates on vellum for the paper-pieced rows and on Templar for any appliques.

Today I'm doing laundry and working on rows. Lots of work to be done! See you next week!

No comments: