Monday saw myself and ten friends learning new needlepoint stitches for this American goldfinch. Each canvas was hand-drawn by Susan. It might take a while, but the stitches are not overly complex and the subject is something I enjoy. This is how much I managed to complete during the class period:
Tuesday morning, ten of us (a different mix of ladies) learned the technique of rug hooking. Most of the students chose a sheep design, two others worked pumpkins. I brought my own kit that I found at one of the local quilt shops, a Christmas stocking ornament. I managed to finish the hooking Tuesday afternoon at the guild meeting.
Wednesday there was a lecture on choosing colors for our needlework designs. Nothing to really photograph for this class. But I did get more of the Goldfinch done. I also thought to get a picture of my canvas with the sample picture.
Somehow through all this I managed to get a second coat of paint on the Peach's exterior. I also got the trim sections and bay window primed with gesso, and got one coat of paint on the bay window's top.
Currently Goldfinch looks like this.
I decided to change the eye section, so the two white stitches that were there are now gone. I also decided I don't care for the more open weave on the cattail, so that's all coming out and I'll stitch it again with a tighter weave once I get a replacement skein of the correct pearl cotton. But I did finish up 1 out of 7 total skeins for the background color!