At the beginning of December my Auntie Rose's home burned. Fortunately she was not home when the fire started and she had been paying her insurance for decades. Currently she is staying with her sister while everything is being put back together. Mom did a little recon work for us and told us all of Rose's pretty things were destroyed.
FH and I started planning various projects that are rose themed (she loves roses, especially red ones, and angels) so we can help make her remodelled house a home again.
I have a stitching project in the works and two more lined up after. The current project is a Dimensions kit designed by Christie Repasy called "Rose Cuttings."
This is what the finished piece will look like.
This is how far I've gotten since last Thursday.
So far I'm quite happy with this kit. I've got one more kit for her and the other is from a book of patterns. More on them as I get to them.
Oh and an aside, for some reason Blogger has it set to automatically prevent readers from commenting. I've been trying to remember to allow them, and hopefully I'll figure out how to fix it permanently.